Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Enthusiasm

When you enter into your class room you should always be filled with excitement about what you are about to teach. Students feed off of our motivation to teach each lesson. They look forward to learning if learning is approached correctly.

By conducting a meet and greet upon arrival you will begin the motivation process prior to class, try continuing with that enthiusiam. It all begins with the instructor being on time.

Hi Joseph,
How do you see the meet and greet being a motivator? What are some examples you have experienced of how this procedure has helped you to create rapport with your students?
Keep point with the instructor being on time.
Gary

Hi Jo,
I totally agree with you. In the past I've come across instructors that came in looking either depressed or angry. This reflects on the students and the students end up hating the instructor.
I always walk in with a positive attitude even if my day was not so great. i feel that negative energy is contagious. If your negative, people around you are negative.
Positive energy makes a room or classroom more vibrant.
Bindu

You have to be excited and passionate about your subjects. Our students know! If you don't want to be there and don't get excited by the material, why should they???

Michael,
Right you are about the need to bring enthusiasm and passion to the classroom or lab each and every time the class meets. This helps to see the value of the content to the students.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Sign In to comment