Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

"The Crisis Game"

I found this to be very useful in a course Im actually teaching currently. I have been trying to figure out other creative ways to teach my class microphone theory. What are some ways in keeping the overall commitment from everyone in the groups of 5-6 people? There is nothing worse than coming up with a very create educational game and see some of the students not participating?

I found this to be a very interesting twist to education. Its called fun !!! It sounds like a great way to step up the learning process and makes it easier for some students to reengage with the subject matter. Thank you.

Michael,
Not real sure how to answer your question in that I am like you when it comes to a new activity. I want it to be successful but I am never sure if it will work or not. What I do is give it a try and if I see that it is not engaging all of the student I try to make adjustments so it will. Sometimes this works and I move forward other times I just drop it and go to another activity. After class I do a debrief with myself and see how I can adjust the activity to work better. I find this most when I am using role play and case studies. So when either does not work like I want I come up with another situation that I think will be more interesting and try it in a few days. Once I find good ones I make them a part of my delivery in future classes.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

FRANCIS,
Like your style. Nothing wrong with fun when used in the right way to encourage and support learning.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Our crisis game consists of a trauma coming into the OR. We do this without their knowledge. It shows the student just how much they know and how far they have come. The reaction we get is priceless.

Debra,
What a great learning tool. You are giving your students experiences that they will remember and learn from for the rest of their careers. This is about as real as it can get for your students and their learning needs. I know this will help them as they transition into the real world of trauma and health care.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I like the idea of this game/learning tool. Their is always a crisis in the medical field, so this is a critical tool/weapon to have in your educational experience.

The Crisis Game really does put on spare of the moment to come up with a reasonable answer

Sign In to comment