Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

ask a certian too repeat in his own words what you have just covered in a lecture

bump

Hi Eddie,
Can you share several other ways in which you get feedback from your students after you have lectured on a topic? What do you think are your most effective strategies for getting this feedback?
Gary

There are many ways to get feedback from students or to find if students are getting it or not. I used to ask students to re-cap what we had covered in 20 minute intervals. This is also a good way to make sure everyone gets it before moving on to the next subject. Any advice on how to spot the students who may not have got it would be appreciated.

Hi Jon,
There are several things you can look for. The most obvious is body language. The students that are not getting it will send signals that they are disengaged. The other way is to have the students write one minute summary papers on the topic just covered. 60 seconds is not very long, but it allows the students to put down the key points or not. Also, even if their writing skills aren't very good 60 seconds lets them get something on paper about what they have just covered. This will really help you to know who is on the same page with you.
Gary

i have asked studntsx in the past to give me an example of when they would use what they have just heard to solve a specific problem. I want to know what the service call would be as well as know hopw they woudl have fixed it before the learned what they jsut had.

Sign In to comment