Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Motivated Student

Adult learners become motivated when they see value in what they are working toward. Through the years I have found that students experience satisfaction in learning when not only their curiosity about a topic is addressed but more importantly when their skill level has improved.

Eleni,
This is so important. Students need to be able to see application and relevance. When they do then they will be able to attach value to what they are studying and how it is going to help them move forward with their career goals.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Eleni,
Do you think the satisfaction comes from the personal growth of the student (interior), or from positive feedback from the instructor (exterior)?

Chris

Students return to class (the next day) when they see value in the class.

I think the students are motivated by the instructor and the class activity and sometimes by one another

I could not agree with Mary more. When a class starts one of the first topics I touch on is "Why are you here, what is your goal?" If a student is not sure, hopefully this focus will give them a point from which they can move forward and define more clearly what they want to achieve, when the schooling is done, and how they are going to achieve it.

I love to implement fun ideals in class to keep my students motivated such as competitions interactive games and field trips.

Shawn,
I am with you on using fun ideas in the classroom. This lets you be creative and the students enjoy the way you share information. A win win for everyone.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Sign In to comment