Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Andrew,
Students like change of pace and variety in their instructional delivery and you are doing such with your approach. This way they can keep their focus and use their learning preferences to take in the needed content.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Since I am a visual and kinesthetic learner, that is the easiest way for me to teach. Understanding different learning preferences will help me integrate different teaching strategies. I will also start getting students with different learning preferences to interact more during classroom and lab exercises.

I usually try to use various teaching methods in my classroom. This way I am able to reach all students regardless of their learning differences.

Berna,
Good strategy to follow. Students like change of pace and variety in their instructional delivery. The more you can offer both the more engaged your students are going to be. Keep up the good work.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

i have found it difficult at times to truly accommodate all learning styles

i have found it difficult at times to truly accommodate all learning styles

Claudia,
By offering variety in your instructional delivery you will be able to appeal to the different learning preferences of your students and will get them engaged as a result of your effort.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

You have to train as you fight, as I used to say in the military. Each student has a different style, use them and use each student to help others.

Fordham,
Well said and a teaching approach that needs to be considered as instructional delivery is being planned. The more practical an understanding that the students have of the content and how it can be applied the better prepared they will be to succeed.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I agree our students need tobe applying in a clinical setting what they have learned

Terry,
Application of what they are being taught is what makes the course come alive for them. They need to see the relevance of the course and application does that.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

The idea for my classroom is to incorporate all areas of intelligence. I use the general principles of what they find the most appealing and incorporate them. Recognizing that each person has a range, primary, secondary, and tertiary to their main intelligence I play up the largest principles possible.

In the classroom, I find that using the integrating approach is very useful as each class of the same subject matter will have a different mix of preferred learning styles.

Jerrod,
Good strategy to follow and make a part of your instructional delivery.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

For me I breakdown the concepts and course objectives and try to hit every angle students learn best with. This allows for a well rounded approach to the concepts as well as an opportunity for students to succeed in the knowledge acquisition the best suits them. I think taking the time to plan this out also allows for a more dynamic classroom.

Jason,
Your approach is a well developed one that I know engages students in many different ways. This is how you appeal to the different learning preferences of the students you have. The more you can do this the more excited they will be about being in the course.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

It is helpful to present the information in multiple ways to keep all the students interested in the topic and motivated. I find that even learners who are primarily visually oriented enjoy the variety of having an exercise that requires physical participation. You can engage students by bringing in an unexpected activity that allows them to interact with the information differently. Games, contests, puzzles, brainstorming exercises are all things that can cross multiple learning preferences and reach all students.

When you have many different people and many different levels of money , it becomes hard to keep all together . Richer may not care as well as poor , so we have a imbalance of economy's

By understanding the different multiple intelligences in my classroom, it will help me as an instructor to construct interesting ways to deliver the material, whether in lecture or lab. This will keep them involved in their learning process for the class.

I will try to incorporate more of the methods in my classes. Decoding and recoding the information.

Sign In to comment