Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Getting through a lot of content in minimal time

How would you suggestion getting through a lot of content with minimal time?  If given 4 hours and you need to get through 4-5 chapters, as well as do an assessment or test, how can this be done effectively?

Flipped classroom- identify what content students can take in on their own, through videos, readings, recordings, etc., and then focus on what can be applied or what they need your help/expertise with to support them on in class.

The students should have an idea of what to focus on based on the lesson plan. I would use 90 minutes for the exam, and then plan to cover the chapters with the remainder of the time. I would focus on major concepts and break the chapters up into 2-3 activities that reinforce the content. You aren't responsible for teaching every tiny thing from the chapter. I always ask myself, "is this something that they will remember or will be important to them in 10 years?"  

I tend to agree with Sarah.  I would reverse engineer the course.  Starting with the assessment or test and work backwards.  Based on what they will be tested on I would make sure those primary concepts are taught.  Then additional reinforcement with additional activities.  You can have instructional priorities within the content.  Teach the must know concepts, add in the "good to know content" and the "oh by the way content" as time allows.

Sign In to comment