Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Question and Answer sessions

I enjoy being able to make answering a question fun in my class. I call this technique phone a friend, pass the ball, or a life line. It seems to make the students more involved. For example, I may ask Sarah a question and she may know a portion of the answer and not the full complete answer. At that point I say, " Would you like to phone a friend?" , "pass the ball?" or get a life line?". This technique has been the most promising for my students and I to have harmony as a unit.I enjoyed this lesson because it also helped me to start restructuring the way I may ask certain questions. Excellent!

Ethel,

This is excellent. I will definitely use it in classes. Students learn more when learning is fun and interactive

Judy Mohammed

I do the same thing ,but making it a game is a great idea,I just move to another student for the rest of the answer,asking them to phone a friend is a much better idea I will try this,sounds like much more fun.

Sidney,

This does seem to be more stimulating for the students.

Judy Mohammed

Sometimes in my class i have used pass the ball i have had the students write a question on a piece of paper and put them into a hat and had the students take one from the hat and answer the question i have also played snow ball i have the students write a question on a piece of paper and then toss it every student picks up a snow ball and has to answer the question.

John,

I'm sure that your students enjoy these activities. Learning can and should be fun. We should all use more of these in our classes.

Judy Mohammed

Sign In to comment