Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Diversity in teaching

Diversity in teaching helps many students and focus many things rather than staying focus at something which might not bring interest in students learning.

Irum,

and this can help the variety of learners in your classroom to glean the important information.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I enjoy the fact that it also encourages bonds between the students that last throughout they're time at school and possibly beyond.

I teach as if they did not know subject to see what they really know

Hello all,

This is a good way to teach Charles. I also like the idea of passing out a presurvey if you will, on the main points of the subject to see what the students do know. Maybe broken down by objectives. Then allow these students to discuss their knowledge and invite the class to add their own thoughts. The main point is to try to get the quiet students opening up in the discussion. I actually appreciate all I learn from the diverse group of students we all facilitate.

Best wishes, Wynell

Hello Kimberly,

You are right, this does bond the students together into the discussions. Sometimes they leave the room with a new peer discussing a point.

Best wishes, Wynell

Wynell ,

Yes the presurveys are. Great way to gauge the existing knowledge levels.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Orlando, Florida is a very diversified city and it shows in our student community. Learning more about our students ethnicity help us (the facilitators) engage with them in a very professional way.

Harold,
so true & it can help all in the classroom understand about connections better.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Sign In to comment