Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

music

Students love music i allow it every Friday as a treat in the classroom.

I think it keeps students in a good mood keeps them up beat and going

I only allow music in the classroom during clean up it helps to modivate them and lift moral. However I dont allow music during lecture, demo or production it becomes to distracting.

I fully agree with music during clean up. It is almost a reward.

Greetings Mike!

I really like using music when it is least intrusive on learning. The institution should be less opposed to using music in this manner.

Keep up the good work!

Jane Davis
ED107 Facilitator

It would be great to incorporate it every day> maybe when its time to clean up. It keeps them motivated.

Some years ago we were permitted to have music in the production lab.The students were deffinantly more productive & it was a much happier envorinment!

Hi Christin,

You said "some years ago" so I assume that you can no longer have music in the classroom? I'm curious what occurred that made that change?

Keep up the good work!

Jane Davis
ED107 Facilitator

Hi Mario!

Yes, I agree. I do, however, like to urge instructors to know the copyright laws and to poll and get a consensus from students on music preference.

I've found that students really like having soft, relaxing music as they arrive to the class. Gives them a minute to relax enabling them to change their focus.

Keep up the good work!

Jane Davis
ED107 Facilitator

I've never played music in my classroom. I'm a little apprehensive about it, but am willing to give it a try. What kind of music would you suggest?

No music,people have different likes,it only causes problems

In regards to music in the classroom, it is true different students have different taste and find that it is annoying. I find that in the clinical lab the students enjoy working by music.

i will have to try to make this apart of lab for my students. I do find that when a little music is allowed that the students have a tendency to relax. I like the idea of the Friday's treat.

I have music in my classroom when the students are doing hands on exercises. It is a great way to motivate the students to do the exercise. Especially for the ones who don't want to participate.

I agree,but there is always a certian few

Music in the classroom is something that I have previously not considered. It seems to be a great idea and something that I will look into incorporating in the future. I can see that it will take some planning to put it into place in the situation in which I work

Sign In to comment