Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Multiple choice

I find that students prefer to take multiple choice tests and they are not very efficient in short answer. In the medical field there is alot of memorization so short answer tends to be quite cumbersome.

Remember to be able to pass multiple choice questions/test, one must know the answers. One word could easily make two of the answer possible. I tell my students, study this way you can pick out the true answers.

You have a good strategy. I sometimes has a sense of relief to students to be able to have a process of elimination.

I like to use multiple choice because they have to know the answer and it tests their true knowledge by intorducing other answers that may be similar, but they must know their information.

If the answer choices are constructed carefully, some of the multiple choice questions can enhance the student's critical thinking skills as they analyze differences in the answers to select the correct one. When I was in college I found I often "learned" from the process of taking a multiple choice test.

Hi Brenda, That is an excellent point! Susan

Susan Polick

Because of the medical field and all the terminology involved students prefer multiple choice

I like multiple choice questions. sometimes I use a study guide with fifty question on it. At that point they know that they will have to read the book to fine the answers after I tell them that out of the fifty questions, there will be only twenty question on the quiz or test.

My students prefer multiple choice test because they have limited English.

I agree, but I, also, think it is important to use other types of questions; such as, fill-ins. It better prepares students for their future; such as, with state boards.

I oftentimes feel that students depend too heavily on multiple choice questions. They depend on having options to choose from for their answer instead of out right knowing the information. Students have to work on being better prepared for test questions regardless of the type of test question they receive.

Sign In to comment