Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

tests

tests should show what the student has learened bye the use of quest., based on main points and areas of more concern in the field

I find bried but frequent testing keeps the students on their toes and makes them pay closer attention

I like multiple choice questions. If they are written correctly you can have some really good distractor answers in there that will make them use process of elimination (thats right,they will need to think)to get the correct answer.

We use multiple choice quizzes after each lecture and a hands on practical test at the end of the phase. This allows the student the chance to show he has the hand skills as well as the know how to go out in the field and get the job done.

we also use mutiple choice tests for classroom and 90% hands on lab skills for our students.
The lab skills are what our students need in the field.

I agree with you on the multiple choice where some given answers aren't even close. The student does need to go through a process of elimination. Our tests are written for us, I don't have any control on them. Some students will jump right to the "D-all of the above" just because it's there. When I point out that B or C can't be included, they realize their mistake. READ the question/answers!

Sign In to comment