Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Combined Tests

I like to give tests that compile all of the different elements found in tests. For example, one section is multiple choice, one is true or false, etc. I find it easier to see which types of tests are less difficult for which students.

Victoria

I think this is a great idea. It is very well rounded.

I agree the diversity in test questions provides the greatest feedsback for the instructor and addresses learning styles. The greatest reward of a test is when a student realizes the amount of information retained and not the focus on what they do not remember.

I agree. We break our course of study into two modules - classroom and practical. Testing in the classroom involves graded homework problems (practical problems involving extracting data from tables), a review quiz which consists of 3 different testing types, and a final written test consisting of multiple choice, true/false, and completion. Practical testing consists solely of skills assessment.

Evaluating the results over a relatively short time provides input for rewriting lesson plans, selecting visual aids, and changing delivery.

This is a very thorough assessment plan, James.

I find it easier to give verbal quizes daily to see where the students need attention. It also helps me know where i need to improve on myself.

i agree that these resting methods work

As a non-faculty member of my college - This seems to be an excellent way of assessing the students recall of the subject matter, what type of test students perform better on, and can help determine the students stengths and weaknesses.

I think that using combined tests allows students with different learning styles to lose the anxiety caused by test taking since they will have a type of evaluation that will fit their learning style.

Sign In to comment