Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

knowing what to look for

I never new just how to make sure that all of my students were getting what they needed from my lesson plan. This has given me a great source to follow when working with my classes.

Hi Rita, Thanks for your post to the forum. I'm glad that you have found this class useful! Best wishes for continued success in your teaching career.

Susan Polick

as a welding instructor, we don't evaluate on paper. we evaluate on performance in a welding booth.

Hi David, Yes, in a discipline like welding, application assessment is a must! Knowledge of Safety regulations might be something that could be assessed via paper. Best wishes for continued success in your teaching career.

Susan Polick

We use hands on and paper projects to identify technical knowledge.

I agree with David to a point. I am an automotive instructor and we teach welding at our school as well. I don't think we take it to the point that David does, but we do teach the theory and application of welding. There are so may things the student has to know before he can pick up the torch, or turn on the MIG or TIG welder, that you have to evaluate them on paper before they can go into the shop. Things such as properties of the gases, construction of the tanks, pressures to set, voltage and feed rate on welder and just general safety items are things that the students at our school are evaluated on before they are even allow to turn on the welder or the torches.

Hi Anthony, We get complaints from students who don't want to spend time learning all the theory and procedures and just want to "get in there"! As you say, these are necessary safety items that they must master up front.

Susan Polick

Sign In to comment