Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

student testing

In my classroom I look not just at written test scores but the ability of the student to apply that knowledge hands on. I find that wriiten scores do not paint a full picture of there knowledge.

Hi Kirstie, Especially in a relevant discipline, it may well be the case that we need to look at both types of assessments. Best wishes for continued success in your teaching career.

Susan Polick

I agree on this. There are a lot of students that understand the material but cannot effectively put it on paper.

I have found that many students lack the skills to scrip new concepts us9ng written language skills. Working in the adult education field that at times we may have to step back to help them become motivated to improve their reading and writting skills,and yet at the same period reevaluate their cognitive learning of the class room skills via other means. This approach allows us to start inhancing our students ability to continue to improve their language skills while still allowing them to positively progress in the material at hand.

Hi William, This is a too common problem. The question becomes how can we assess skills when reading/writing abilities are lacking? Best wishes for continued success in your teaching career.

Susan Polick

Sign In to comment