Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Questions

I think asking questions in class shows the instructor that the student is in learning mode. It prompts them to have open ideas about the subject. When students are not asking questions, I typically quiz them. Once they are quizzed, the questions start flow again. Again, I think it is a matter of knowing your audience(students).

Hi Sabrina, Thanks for your post to the forum. Questioning sessions keep students engaged in their learning. Best wishes for continued success in your teaching career.

Susan Polick

Dear Dr. Polick,

I know this is kind of personal but, have you ever lost track of the conversation when the students are asking and responding to questions? It happened to me a few months back, the students were having a wonderful session of questions and answers, but I saw a student pull out a phone and in that moment of time I lost track. I felt horrible! I do not think the students realized, but I was in panic mode. What is the best strategy to deal with this kind of situation? I would hate to have to explain to the students that I lost concentration and for them to think that I was not interested in what they have to say...

Thank you!

Conchi

Hi Conchi - Thanks for your post to the forum. I think honesty is the best policy! Everyone gets distracted on occasion - even students! Best wishes for continued success in your teaching career.

Susan Polick

I will incorporate more questions in my lectures and power points. Designing questions in a manner to reveal learning styles is something for me to development.

Sign In to comment