Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

gETTING TO KNOW YOUR STUDENTS

IF YOU KNOW HOW TO CONNECT WITH YOUR STUDNETS IT MAKE FOR A BETTER SITTUATION FOR LEARNING

I think it does. It gives them more prespective if you can relate discussions towards their situations to see how they would personally handle it, it gets them thinking on a deeper level.

Hi Christina- Thanks for your post to the forum. yes, it makes discussions much more relevant to them. Best wishes for continued success in your teaching career. Susan

I try to take the time to know my students by playing games with them, interacting with them during lectures by telling them real-life stories about things that happened to me in the Dental field. It is important to be relatable to your students and they will open up to you as well. I use a lot of humor and facial expressions with the students and always ask them when I see that they are frustrated, "Is anyone frustrated today?" As I look around and the hands go up, I say "good I expected that now lets work through this together because that is my job to help you get through these situations!" That's when I see them smile and I know that they get the big picture!!

Pamela - you are obviously a very engaging instructor! Best wishes - Susan

I absolutely agree with this statement. When students are comfortable in your classroom they are much more likely to participate. It may take a few classes for them to feel comfortable, but eventually they get there.

its very important to know your students individually to get a feel of each of their learning styles to promote growth in the classroom.

Hi Michaya, Thanks for your post to the forum. I agree - taking the time to get to know students shows them that we care about them but also gives us the information that we need to help them succeed. Best wishes for continued success in your teaching career. Susan

Susan Polick

Sign In to comment