Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Movies

Playing movies and DVDs do help in information content thru visuals,audable,and demostration for practicle use.All this is fine,as long as you do not let the movies teach the class.Students still need our knowledge and information for the understanding of the subject.

I agree movies can enhance the learning experience. Of course you can't depend on the movie as a sole teaching tool. you still need to meet all the different learning styles. Don't forget to ask questions and dicuss the movie, after all it is still just one of the many tools at our disposal.

I agree that movies can enhance the learning experience, and most students appreciate this variation in instruction. However, in an effort to capture all of the learning styles - an instructor should have a video worksheet that the student fills out during the video, or perhaps an essay assignment. Also, before the movie starts, the instructor should relate the film to the class or the current class subject.

Hi Jen - welcome to ED103! Thank you for some very good suggestions.

Some students opt not to pay attention during videos if they know they are not being tested on it. Handing out a video worksheet is a great idea. I also have them write a one page summary of what they learned from the video and how they can apply it in their field.

Hi Merrdith - Welcome to ED 103! I like your ide4a of having your students write a short paper about the video they have seen - they do tend to "zone out" sometimes.

Sign In to comment