Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Delivering Course Content Effectively

The instructor must be alert to the learning styles of the learners in his/her classroom. The instructor must be aware when to make adjustment to the instructional strategy used at hand to recognize if the students are getting the point or
not. Lead In and Feedback questions can be used to ascertain the responses from the students and make a determination to either re-emphasize key points, or to re-teach that portion of the lesson or just review and fill in as appropriate.

True, but sometimes it is hard to get participation to questions due to the fact students are afraid of being wrong and embarrassed

Dan,
True and this is why I often give my students a 3X5 card. I ask a question and then have them write the answer. Sometimes I have them read the answer out loud and they don't mind doing this since they have written down a response already. They don't have to think off the top of their heads. Other times I will have them put their names on the cards and I will collect them and then read the responses out loud. I don't tell the class whose names are on the cards so that not student is singled out with a right or wrong answer. If the answer is right I reinforce it. If it is wrong I talk about why it is wrong. I then give each student Professional Points for participation for having written an answer and handed in a card. This way I get everyone to participate one way or another.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

That is really a great idea, I am going to utilize this in future discussions, Thanks.

Dan

Sign In to comment