Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Fun in Learning

I find that keeping the class content and class flow varied & fun keeps both the students & instructor from being board & creates an environment that all want to be a part of. Sort of a, "What's going to happen today?" anticipation.

Hi Sandra,
I think it is fun to be a teacher on the days students pop into class all excited about what is going to happen that day. Makes some of the days when there are challenges worth it.
Thanks for sharing the need for us to focus on setting that tone in our classes.
Gary

Students learn much faster and can retain the information much bettter by touching feeling, reading and passing on the information onto other students. the "see one , do one" concept really works especially if you make it fun by dividing students into groups with specific topics and goals . make it into a contest so students learn to work as a team and challenging each other while having fun . i think all students learn when presented this way.

Hi Leslie,
You are right about helping students learn by using a variety of strategies that incorporate the different senses and learning preferences. This helps them to see both application and relevancy to what they are learning.
Gary

Sandra,I agree and learning should be fun.If the
student feels as though they are learning ,and that it is fun they will enjoy coming to school.

Sign In to comment