Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

First Day

The first day is one of the most important days if not the most important days of the class. It is important to have an agenda or plan for the first day. You must have the requirements for completing the class ready to review with the class in order to set the class and yourself up for success.

Teresa,
Right you are about the importance of the first day. This day sets the tone for the upcoming course so it need to be exciting, enjoyable and informative.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I find no matter how often I teach, I'm probably the most nervous person in the room lol.

Ammon,
Nothing wrong with that. I still get a case of the nerves when I start a new class after teaching all these years.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Oh!!.First Day!!!! every body have a big expectation about the class. the students and the instructor. The more important to me is to know how to break the ice. showing the students that I am here to help them and to support them any time they need help is for me the more important things in order to build their thrust.

Antonio,
I love starting new classes because I get to meet my new students and then learn about their backgrounds. I am amazed each time I start a class at the diversity of experiences that they bring in and that I get to learn about. We educators are in a unique situation as we get to help prepare and shape the next generation of professionals that will be entering our field. This truly is an honor to be appreciated.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Sign In to comment