Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

GAMES ARE ALWAYS FUN

try out games!

Hi David,
I teaching adult career class. So we don't do games but I will bring out some thing new from book or magazine and told them that" We can learn together" and we do have a good time of learning together. Each of them try to come with new idea and design from my object.
Trang

I agree.

Try creating a jeopardy type game to use as a review of key terms or phrases, word searches are a hit with the visual students.

Hi Joseph,
You are right on. I have used jeopardy games for many years and they always capture the interest of students. The hardest part is coming up with new questions to build into my library of choices.
Gary

Although I agree that games are useful in the classroom, I wanted to voice a caution that too many games can leave a teacher in a state of emergency. If students come to EXPECT games, they become mundane. And, when you can't turn to games, what can you do for fun?

Hi Corinne,
Good caution about using games. This same caution should hold true for all educational strategies. Have enough variety in your delivery choices to keep the students interested. When only one method is used it soon becomes routine so interest is not peaked with it's use.
Gary

we have used a jepardy type game in our labs as a review. its a good review for most of the students, but some of the students don't like to be put on the spot or want the negative attention of not being able to produce an answer under pressure. as also mentioned, alot of the students got wind of the games and were upset when time didn't permit using them.

Sign In to comment