Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

New instructors

I have been teaching anatomy for a post secondary school for over 6 years...I have more in my head than I could ever possibly write in an outline...I now have more administrative duties and find it hard to relay information to the new instructors...the most important aspect, I feel, is to be animated in the classroom...monotone just won't work...I wish every student (and potential instructor) had one of the teacher's they remember as being "out of the box" and made learning fun...as well as making education important

Hi Lynne,
Good comments. We are back to the sections in the course that deal with being a model, manager and motivator. If we aren't excited about our field for sure our students won't be, besides for me it is fun just to have to opportunity to teach in my field. We all need to feel that way each time we start a new course.
Gary

So true

I like this idea, I am a new instructor and stress every week about how to make it fun. Thanks!

Hi Jessica,
Glad to hear that the course content is helpful to you. If you have some fun in the course it will reduce the stress for both you and the students. It will also help to build you confidence as an instructor. It get easier the more you do it, like riding a bike, though at times it feels like all you are doing is crashing the bike and skinning your shins. It does get better and that "ah-ha" moment occurs more often.
Good luck!
Gary

Lynne,
thanks I'm new, thats what gets me going sometime when I hit a wall or slight stumble gettin animated to a point and before you know it class is over
I purchased a referee shirt for one of my next classes when we split the room for question & answers i'll be in the middle I can't wait to see there faces

Hi David,
Great idea. Keep me posted on how the referee shirt works out for your class discussions.
Gary

Sign In to comment