Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Why is Planning and Preparation Necessary?

Planning and preparation are critical to instructional delivery. The instructor must make sure that the appropriate allotted time is prescribed, so that good reflection can be done on the material before delivery to the class.

this is very true,the better you plan the more prepared you are in the application

I noticed that when I have planned and prepared for the lesson, it goes more smoothly, the students enjoy it and I am more relaxed as well. When not prepared, everything goes wrong.

I cannot imagine standing in front of student without planning and preparing the class time and subject delivery. When faced with a new course or new book, I stay one chapter ahead of the students. Additionally, I review all of the materials before the course begins, and show the students how the books are laid out and what we will be covering: key terms, end of chapter questions or case studies, and what homework, including reading is necessary for their success. This also makes me more committed to the subject material, if I have reviewed and answered the questions, and find them relevant, so will the student.

Noreen,
I am like you in terms of being prepared. To stand in front of a class and not be prepared would be to take a risk of failure that is not fair to the students and would compromise me as a professional educator. The prep time is well worth the results.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Preparation helps me to have the proper material for the lab assignments, at the same time, reviewing presantations before class allows for a better comfort level. These necessary steps keep the suprises at a minimum during the class.

Sign In to comment