Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Organizing your work

I'm teaching for the first time and I was looking for some helful hints to stay organized and remember to do all the things that need to be done.

Tara,
Create lists for the different areas in which you need to complete work. Have a list for your instructional planning, student feedback and communication. This way you can check off the different items you need to complete without forgetting something. The key is to make sure that if you tell a student you will do something or follow up with them on something that you do it. This way they will learn that you mean what you say and will do it. Great for establishing trust with your students.
Gary

Dr. Gary Meers

Thank you! I just went out and bought a notebook to carry with me to class so I can write stuff down as it comes up. I know there are going to be questions I have to look up or issues I have to resolve for the students. With the notebook I'll just write it down and cross it off as I go.

Tara,
This is a great way to make sure you don't overlook anything and you will have your "to do" list with you at all times. Enjoy your teaching career!
Gary

Dr. Gary Meers

Sign In to comment