Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Combining instruction styles

During an instruction how many styles can be merged together to get the students a better understanding of the course? Usually 2-3 styles are normally merged including lecture, powerpoint and diagrams.

Hi Priyal,
You can use 2-3 different instructional deliveries which will appeal to 2-3 different learning preferences. This will help to keep the students engaged as well as offer variety to them so they will stay focused.
Gary

Gary,
I agree . With respect to my field , I have to use lecture as one of the modes of instruction. But at the same time I find that students learn better and also enjoy the course when given different ways of instruction .

Hi Priyal,
Thank you for the information about the way you need to deliver your course content. By offering variety in and through your lectures you are appealing to the different learning preferences of your students and this helps to keep them engaged.
Gary

I strongly believe that all the students have potential to do better in their education and career . The only thing is that some understand one style better that the other while others might need a little more time to get to the same material and may be a little more explanation.And by using different modes I try to help all of them .

Sign In to comment