Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Out of comfort zone

I tend to find that certain personalities thrive in this area or shut down. I'm looking for personel experiences and overcoming the butterflies so to speak.

I think you will find that practice and experience makes the classroom much easier to navigate. If you a little bit of performer in you, it will really be easy. Even if you don't you will get more comfortable over time.

Hi Jeff, I feel that the best advise I was given is to be totally prepared to start the class. You are already a seasoned professional in your field. So prepare to share your experiance with them just in a controlled evironment. Be yourself and as with anything else the more you do it the more comfortable you will get

everything comes with time. i have teaching for four years, on occasion i still get that feeling on the first day of a new class.

Hi Jeffrey,

The first time I got in front of my own class as an instructor, I felt the same way the first time I did karaoke. After the third song I sang though, they couldn't pull me off the stage. Now being an instructor for just over two years, they can't pull me away from the front of the class either. :-D

Hi Martin,
Good example of how teaching feels sometimes. I hadn't thought about karaoke but it sure fits, doesn't it?
Gary

There's so much to learn from everybody's opinions and experiences.I think I can compare it also to a stage performance like a play, and I'm the main cast, I have to be prepared and show that sense of versatility in me.Being ready, well prepared on my role, in time, I'll overcome and master my role.That way I'll be more comfortable,in front of different audiences or CLASS.

hi jovelyn, in my opinion you are ok , what i think is , like you sed. there is too much to learn and i compare this like big puzzle, where every single pice is important but the most important one is the base (where you can do it)that base is you, so you are the base and you must have to be solid and big enough to hold it.

Sign In to comment