Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

teaching skills

I am currently a teachers aid. I have learned so much from the information offered on your website, I look forward to practicing in the classroom.

Teaching is a fine art. Teaching involves the application of psychology to the classroom. The best evidence is the body of information from Social Psychology. There is a social learning dynamic that must be harnessed by the instructor to engineer an interactive process for learning.

That is the art.

The skill of teaching is really fostering learning by developing a process of using modalities that focus on the learner.

Learner focus is the key to effective teaching skill.

Your right. As a new instructor in my first year of my career this course has given me so much information, that I wish I had before starting my first class.

Hi David,

What do you think the process is to identify and harness that social learning dynamic? I like to simply start out by asking my students, "What do you already know about this topic for today?" and build on that.

Hi Nancy I am looking forward to interaction with each of you. It reminds me of this being an interactive novel about my profession. What do you think guys?

Sign In to comment