Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learning Objectives

Learning objectives should be both explained and written so students know what is expected of them.

Learning objective should be written and explained because this helps the students understand what topcis will be discussed for that lecture. It is also a referrence point to help the students understand if they are properly grasping the topics and learning the objectives that are discussed.

Donald,

I agree. Simply listing the objectives in the syllabus, may not be enough for the students to fully understand the intended "transfer of training", that is expected to occur during the course.

Tremayne Simpson

Shalonda,

This is a great way to discuss learning objectives with your students. Also, implementing assessments along the way, is a good idea in order to make sure that students are retaining information and acquiring the objectives.

Tremayne Simpson

The learning objectives I use are directly from the text, therefore when the student has the assignment to read at home they match. Also making sure that the objectives are the same will allow room for thorough movement during lecture in the same order the chapter was read.

We have classroom observations done every 8 weeks and one of the requirements is a verbal explanation of the objects that are listed on the board.

I usually give hand outs explaining the important points of the lesson so the students will have a better understanding of the topic of the lecture.

Arturo ,

This is a great method. I have also provided this information as well, but typically on the project guidelines document.

Tremayne Simpson

Sign In to comment