Create Transparency: Marketing and Disclosures | Origin: CM104
This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:
Compliant Interactions: Acting with Integrity --> Create Transparency: Marketing and Disclosures
Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.
The students are our customers. If information is not communicated accurately, it could lead to an unhappy customer who now suffers because of misleading verbiage. Transparency is key.
Creating transparency in marketing and disclosures means making sure students receive clear, accurate, and complete information before making decisions about their education. I learned that schools should avoid misleading statements or exaggerated claims and should communicate important information such as program requirements, costs, completion expectations, and employment outcomes in an honest and understandable way.
I was reminded that transparency in marketing and admissions is equally important. I was also reminded that it is important to inform applicants about the requirements of the program and the career so that they make decisions that are sustainable for them.
I was intrigued to learn the programs or campuses shown in the advertisement must differentiate if they are out of state or be of the program/campus being the feature and target of the ad
This learning module reinforced how important transparency is when communicating with current and future students. Marketing and program information should be clear, accurate, and presented in such a way that students can make informed decisions. Misleading statements and promises should be avoided.
I intend to apply this by making sure that the information I give students is consistent with the official information published by the organization. When discussing the program, I will focus on providing accurate information and making sure students understand the requirements and expectations.
This module reinforced the importance of transparency and accuracy when marketing educational programs and communicating with prospective students. I learned that marketing should provide truthful, clear, and objective information rather than focusing only on the positive aspects of an institution. Claims about programs, graduation rates, employment outcomes, costs, facilities, or other student benefits should be supported by accurate and verifiable information.
This showed me the importance of proper disclosure language to ensure prospective students know what they are getting into.
This module clarified that the Marketing team must practice the same honest and transparent communication guidelines as the Admissions team.
This module emphasized the importance of using clear and honest advertising when communicating with prospective students. It also reinforced that providing an accurate understanding of the program's expectations and curriculum helps students make informed decisions and can reduce the likelihood of them withdrawing after enrollment.
I learned that being honest, accurate, and transparent with prospective students is very important. I should provide clear information about program requirements, costs, accreditation status, background checks, and career outcomes without making misleading or unsupported claims. I intend to apply this by providing students with complete, factual information so they can make informed decisions about their education.
This segment of the course stressed and taught me the importance of sharing things accurately, being honest with students and peers, as well as keeping them well-informed of any updates or changes that may come.
This course taught the importance of transparency through advertising, and working face-to-face with the prospective student. To make sure everything is clear and accurate and the individual has an understanding as to what the course involves.
I learned how important transparency is when communicating with students through marketing, disclosures, and everyday interactions. Providing accurate information about our programs, educational expectations, completion outcomes, employment information, and student protections allows students to make informed decisions about their educational journey.
This training reminded me of the importance of being clear, honest, and consistent in all communications. As a Program Director, I will continue to ensure that information shared with students is accurate, expectations are realistic, and our interactions reflect trust, accountability, and integrity.
The core takeaway for me from Create Transparency: Marketing and Disclosures is the critical shift from "selling a dream" to "providing a realistic roadmap."
In admissions, it can be tempting to rely on superlatives—like "We have the best program" or "Job placement is practically guaranteed." However, these vague phrases fail to set realistic expectations and risk non-compliance. Providing hard, statistical data (like graduation rates, median debt, and verified employment numbers) is vital because it respects the student's investment, builds long-term trust, and protects the institution's integrity.
Furthermore, transparency helps ground students in what to actually expect in the workforce. A student entering a high-demand trade needs to know regional entry-level wages and certification requirements, while a business or design student needs an honest look at market variability and the necessity of internships.
How I intend to apply this: I plan to actively replace superlative language with verifiable facts and merge mandatory disclosures naturally into my conversations rather than treating them as "fine print." Grounding my excitement for the student in real workforce data ensures they are making an empowered, compliant decision.
A quick question for the group: How do you balance maintaining high enthusiasm for a student while delivering highly realistic or sobering statistical data?
I understand how important it is that your advertisement is precise and transparent. It's also important that accurate expectations of curriculum is communicated to the student to avoid withdrawl from the program.
I learned that we need to keep students well inform based on the school catalog.
I learned how important it is to be transparent in marketing and with disclosures so students receive accurate and honest information. I also learned how clear communication about programs, expectations, and outcomes helps build trust with current and current students to make decisions with their journey. I plan to apply this by being truthful, avoiding misleading information, and making sure disclosures are clear and complete in all interactions.
What really stood out to me in this module was the importance of students understanding their responsibilities. It will be my responsibility to inform students of the standards and expectations of their program of choice. Like this module has mentioned previously, honesty and transparency will be important in my daily work routine not only because of integrity but also to be clear and concise for the student’s betterment and understanding.
I learned that the Institution should maintain Honesty and accuracy in its advertisements. It should avoid Using Stock Photos whenever possible, and if stock photos are used, they must be clearly labeled as such.