It is important to show the students that they are important and we are here to help and assist them. Showing them that they are important and that we are here to see them succeed...
making the student feel important and that they belong plays a big part in them wanting to be in school.
School involvement is a very important factor to the students retention. Bonding occurs formally and informally. Pairing the students together for "study buddies" and having special events or campus projects. This helps with the students fear and anxiety, then they can both share their experiences.
I've learned that how an instructor is in the classroom really affects if the student wants to stay with the program. By making activities mandatory it will help the student feel like they belong and want to stay at the school to keep the friendships and bonds that they have formed.
I intend to apply it by having training sessions with instructors explaining key things to look for in a student's performance if they are struggling and giving them the tools to be able to help that student.
I learned that it important to help the student feel important and that the instructor really wants them to succeed. I will be more mindful of thsse things and bring to the class perhaps a video of gradutation days from the school to give them a view of the excitement during graduation.