Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Customer service vs. cost

There are 2 grocery stores near my house, which are across the street from each other. Kroger has excellent quality at discounted prices. Publix has excellent quality at slightly higher prices. Why does my wife prefer to shop at Publix? The reason is that Publix offers great customer service. There is a miniature kitchen set up where customers can sample a small portion of a dinner in order to get different cooking ideas. Employees also take groceries to the car for the customer.

Good example. This relates to the student the same way in my opinion. Students want ot know that the school they are attending cares about them as well as the money they spend to attend the school. When students start to feel like it is all about the numbers, they have no problem with missing class or leaving all togrther

Our students want to feel like they are our top priority. This is very important to them or they will start to think they are wasting their time and money.

I try to find out one thing special about each of my students so that weekly I can ask them about that subject. They will even come speak to me after they have left my class on numerous occasions because they know I care about them.  There are a handful of other instructors that do the same thing and the students talk to their classmates about how much they appreciate us.  All it takes is a little more time on the instructors part to make a student feel special and appreciated. A lot of instructors feel that they are the only ones that should be appreciated, because they are sharing their knowledge.

Sign In to comment