Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Career Services is a real place...

I spend some time with each of my students expaining that our Career Services department is staffed with the same experience that our classroom are staffed with. That as a resouce, the career services department is a valuabe stop in the path to a legitimate career. Career Services is a real place, with real people, with real experience! Our students should not be allowed to consider them an after thought!

Cheyney,

Career services is so valuable. Link the team in ... as early as you can in the educational process.

Dr. Larry Banks

I feel it is good to keep the students informed that each department has it's specialties. That not just one person can help them, it takes alot of quality staff and participaion to get things done right.

Kelvin,

The idea is to involve career services early in the educational program. Career Services can give your students hope that a career is ahead if they complete their program.

Dr. Larry Banks

I totally agree. I am on the academics side, but I work very closely with career services. we communicate very well together and collaborate on many day to day responsibilities. I am constantly selling Career services to our students as a resource they should take advantage of.

Josh,

Good. Career services can be a real partner in the process.

Dr. Larry Banks

Each student should be made aware that every department and employee is there to help them succeed no matter if they are their rep, chef, or advisor

Sign In to comment