Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Mentoring can be offered through a tutoring program

Our company offers free tutoring where mentoring can be also given

MICHAEL,

Tutoring and mentoring are both important. Mentoring can also aid in helping students to be self-directed and help them set realistic goals.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

tutoring is an excellent way to help students, however some students are to proud to ask a teacher for tutoring, we have a peer tutor program that helsp a lot.

Carroll,

Sometimes you have to direct the student to tutoring and not wait for them to ask.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

Peer tutoring has been a useful tool to help struggling students and reduce anxiety of the struggling students.

Shana,

Students helping students helps both.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

I believe both are equally important tutoring and mentoring. I also have my students to have tutoring breafast or lunch as a big incentive to have students come to tutoring.

I agree. Not all students will sign up for tutoring. Establishing a mentor program will help the student who may not always ask for help.

Often students that need tutoring also need mentoring. They naturally go hand in hand as frequently the students need tutoring as a result of problems that a mentor can assist with.

cynthia,

A good point. Yes, there should be communications between a tutoring and mentoring program.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

In our field of dental hygiene, mentoring by fellow students is very practical and fellow students can sometimes explain things on a level that faculty struggles to explain

Sign In to comment