Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Admissions

I work for a technical school and have noticed recently that we have been getting less and less students to sign up for our programs. I know that our admissions team does not campaign in high schools anymore. What other methods can they use to get more students interested in the programs?

Chase,

That is a tough question. It usually begins with increasing the leads. A greater number showing interest up front the more you can get in. Marketing the programs is where it starts. Internally, asking current students for referrals is a good method. Satisfied students are your best advertising.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

My career school is also currently going through a bit of a challenge in signing up students. I agree with Ron as to the word-of-mouth referrals and our strong reputation in the workplace with our graduates. No question that all of that contributes to added students but we still need to show a presence in the market place with advertising (lots of competitors in our market)and going out to various workplaces and schools would help without costing lots of money. There is good reason for the old adage of "it takes money to make money." We need to get our name out there as well as our great graduates. We also need to enlist the help of our PAC members who hire our graduates to spread the word to other members of the community.

Ron,

I do believe that my school is lacking when it comes to marketing. is there a way that I can put a bug in their ear without stepping on anyones toes?

Chase,

The best thing to do is go directly to your marketing folks and ask how you can help.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

Sign In to comment