Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

First Phone call

If rention starts at admissions, what should the inital phone call consist of?

Anthony,

Assuring the students understand the program offerings and he or she sees themselves in the program.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

i believe admission needs to share as much information with academia as possible regarding potential students.

richard,

Having a checklist or information sheet that Admissions can have a student fill in could be used to collect information.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

The initial pnone call should consist of asking the student what are their life long goals. Once that is found out it is possible to direct them in the path that they would potentially be successful.

Damien,

Assuring the student is a fit with a program is a must at this time too.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

a discussion of the prospective students goals and objective for theri career

Carroll,

Can you give some more details please?

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

i believe that the first phone call is very important when connecting with a potential student. that first phone has a big impression on either the student would be interested in continuing school or finding another school and continuing else where.

hossai,

Student retention begins at first contact for sure.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

I agree with your statement. Finding out the student long term goals can help us to guide the student to step by step short term goals to reach their long term goal.

I agree. I have had many conversations with my students about how they came to our school, and many had bad experiences checking out other schools prior to coming to us, or were not offered to check it out at all.

Admissionns makes calls to the students before the start. The "Welcome Team" makes a 3rd day start call to make sure all is going well with the new students. This also creates a bond between the school and new student.

Wayne,

The 3rd day call is a posit

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

Sign In to comment