Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Mentor Students

We have students that speak during our orientation but I love the idea of having the students go around and talk to the new students while they are waiting for orientation to start. This will definitely help with them being nervous.

I think it's a great idea to have former students give a campus tour. They can talk about their first day and their fears, and many new students will relate to this. I will submit this approach to my manger, and I hope to institute it for our next new student orientation.

Having students that have already been through the program and are employed in the field for which they trained helps a new student see the value of an education.

Great idea to have students that are grads. assist with a orientation, or student tour to assist new students with questions about the campus and classes they will be attending.

I agree, we also have our senior students come in to meet & greet the new students

I agree with having graduated students sharing their experiences with new students. Gives them a chance to ask questions and calm some of the fears they may have.

Sign In to comment