Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Students

I will be utilizing the information provided for retention for my students. this has really helped me alot.

I did not know how much retention played a role to the instructor

I love the idea of retention because I feel it goes hand in hand with how much we as instructors care for our students success.

I feel retention helps me to stay focus as to what my job is as a instructor. Retention plays a big role in my job more then I realise.

I feel it is sometimes out of the instructors hand in the sense that some students have outside issues that are out of our control.

While some problems might be handled by school officials in a better way, most, if not nearly all, are far outside the control of people at school in any capacity. For instance, when a parent simply refuses to provide any more transportation, the student was forced to withdraw because the student resided in a rural setting. The parent saw no need for any higher education. what are we to do with situations such as that? And others like it. I believe that most students are helped by those at the school if that is at all possible.

We are certainly on the front lines. I never knew until i bacame an instuctor the key role we play and the challenges that go along with the job. I enjoy the challenge and try to improve on my skills of early intervention.

Great to hear you enjoy the challenge of being a top notch instructor, John. Unfortunately, many people don't appreciate the role that effective instructors play in shaping their students' future.

Sign In to comment