Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Early Intervention

At our school we have weekly student evaluations that the instructors complete and turn in to Student Services. The evaluations allow the instructor to rate the student (Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor) on attendance, tests/quizzes, participation etc.
Recently I have started passing this information on to the Admissions Department. We try to have our Admission Representatives active in the students progress throughout their enrollment. I have found this is a good way to keep instructors and staff connected.

After reading one of the prior discussions I am interested in the web based access for students to contact Student Services staff. If anyone has helpful hints on getting that started it would be great!

The weekly evaluation by instructors is an interesting idea, Heather. That should generate a lot of communication within the organization.

I can tell you from experience that web based contact between students and Student Services must be part of a system that is introduced early in a student's period of enrollment and must be re-enforced regularly. If you are interested in more details, please feel free to contact me at loren.kroh@corvusllc.com.

I have found that monitoring student retention is a great way to identify students who may be at risk for dropping. I review the report with my instructors in our weekly staff meetings, which also provides valuable information in trying to identify a student who may be at risk.

I too am interested in learning more about an online service that may allow students the opportunity to reach out to someone within the campus community.

Early intervention is an important key to improving student retention. Most problems can be managed if they are confronted soon enough. If left to develop too long, they frequently become insurmountable.

You can learn more about the on-line service I referred to at www.corvusllc.com, Anie.

Thank you Loren for this interesting website. I reviewed it and I do like it. I think that utilizing online means is often useful. I communicate with students online through email all the time and many seem secure in using this method of communication. If a personal meeting is needed, then it can take place. I think the site puts ownership on the student and would strengthen the student in handline his or her own situation.

It was a useful website retention based (data based retention)on up to date data is always useful.
Thanks

We have weekly student evals but its more for the students. Great idea to also make that available to the student service dept. as well as their admissions rep.

Sign In to comment