Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stress

How do you deal with students who come in with stress ? what has been your experience?

Hopefully, other Forum participants will address your questions, Sharda, but this certainly is a topic that should be addressed as part of your school's culture. Working with students who are under stress is an excellent topic for In-service training or a personal improvement plan.

positive feed back.The student sometimes need help to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

One of the things we try to implement is "Sing Praises" and offer positive feedback followed by the next instruction-should the student need more. (ie. Started off good, but quickly getting off track).

However, after going through this module, the part that jumped out at me was that "We are who we Think we are", and that each student needs to FEEL needed and that they are not just another student. I really try create positive attention moments of "Great Job-Shout Outs" in our assembly's and "Caught Being Good" cards, where the student can redeem for a set reward.

What are some other ideas being used within other schools? I'm open to some new fresh ideas.

I agree with this statement. Sometimes the students can let day to day stress affect there abilities towards their work in the classroom. we never really know what maybe affecting the student. It is important to help them feel better about the stress they are going through by positive praise. It could make or break if a student will continue in the program, and complete their goals they have set in place for themselves.

Sign In to comment