Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Depending on the mentality of the students most would think that the larger classes are taking away from their education, and quality. This happens when a majority of students are struggling and they feel like the one on one isn't there. Even though you may encourage mentors to help; the one being helped may have a mind set that if the Instructor isn't the one helping, he or she is getting cheated. If this happens then the Instructor must figure out how to get the students to buy into that stratagy

It's very important to have small teacher/student ratio. Because in vocational setting,student need more one on one due to length of program. Most of vocational programs are fast paced compare to community college program. I also believe in multi tasking Instructor and First impression.

I have found that class size can vastly effect the way I am able to instruct my class. During the lecture portion it can be a benefit because of the varied experiences that can lead to discussions about our topics, leading to a quality with quanity senario. Yet when in the lab portion of the class it limits the amount of one on one quality instruction that I can provide to each student. Since I often have to try and be more breif with each student to move on to the next student in need of assistance. I have had students in the past comment on how they were frustrated with waiting for the instruction they need when in larger classes. In a smaller class you are able to give students the attention they need to learn the material and keep them successful.

Sign In to comment