Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I think that is very important that the reps and the academic department have good communication so that we are giving the students a consistent message.

That way we can eliminate the "he said, she said" issue that students tend to do to the two departments.

I also think that by having good communication we will all know what is expected of students and understand what each department is trying to accomplish. So that admission understands that if a student has children and they have to be collected at 2pm, they cannot sign that student up for a class that finishes at 1:45pm. As the student will have an issues that may lead to them withdrawing.

I have always had an issue with the term "sell" in connection with post secondary schooling. Personally, I feel the admission business model within for-profit schools is flawed. I have my ideas... but I would love to hear what others think about how to change/alter this philosophy?

Annette, please share your thoughts to start the conversation. How do you think the process is different in the traditional sector?

Loren Kroh

Sign In to comment