Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Mystery shoppers

Mystery shoppers are another way to help the company improve customer service. The person give an outside evaluation to help company become more competitive.

Yolanda, Very true. If you were to shop your school/college, what would you look for?
Dr. Jean Norris

I agree with the statement. They can gain great insight.

Lisa, that is so true. If you were to shop your school, what would you look for?
Dr. Jean Norris

it also helps you know what the average person thinks and see's when they walk in your door.

Joanne, True! Thank you for sharing!
Dr. Jean Norris

Right, I also believe that mystery shoppers can help to improve customer service overall by having feedback readily available from someone who is on the 'outside looking in'. I also think it is important to integrate the information gained by mystery shoppers with other kinds of feedback, such as a survey completed by students, to help gain an overall picture of the kinds of customer service that is necessary. In addition, the quantity and quality of feedback is also important; acquiring a large set of information from students and mystery shoppers can be time consuming and difficult, but it is important to guard against placing too much importance in one or two surveys.

Customer feedback is the ultimate for improving quality of ones business. Giving the customers what they want encourages them to come back.

Jennifer, That is very true. Thank you for sharing!
Dr. Jean Norris

I do agree with this statement. Being able to receive additional feedback is the only way to improve the quality of the service we provide. Constructive feedback is always good.

I agree with the mystery shopper concept. However, each place of study offers a different environment or vibe. I would hope that the Mystery Shoppers are selected based on a positive outlook as opposed to a negative look towards Universities versus Colleges, Learning Institutes, Post Secondary Programs or vice versa.

Myron, It has been our experience that Mystery Shopping is a positive experience that provides strengths of the institution and areas of opportunity, all in the mindset of helping an institution to reach is best potential.
Dr. Jean Norris

Sign In to comment