Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Common Networking Challenges | Origin: CS117

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Teaching Professional Networking Skills for Career Success --> Common Networking Challenges

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I have learned that not everyone is a social Butterfly you have your extraverts and then your introverts and everyone networks in their own way, some find it easier to Network than other others, everyone has their own way or style to networking or their challenges to learn how to network, some find it easier to talk in a group and some find it harder to approach a colleague.

From this module, I learned the different styles of networking and how to overcome certain networking barriers.  I intend to use this information to teach students who may be introverts or who do not yet understand the value of networking to overcome any hesitation they have about the process.

I appreciate the section about introversion as I am an introvert and a task oriented person. I am not good at “small talk”. Knowing you can navigate creating networking using your own personality and style makes this process seem a lot less intimidating.

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities