Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What kind of board would you suggest for a Vocational College?

We are a Vocational College and our courses run continously. If we had a board of every graduate it would take up a whole wall! Any suggestions?

Sounds like a good problem, Mindi. How about a page or more on your website with current grads. Also how about graduate success boards throughout the school and especially in the admissions office and every office. That's what the school is about. Training to get jobs. So why not remind everyone wherever they turn?? Thanks, Susan

I completely understand as we are a career school as well. We have a newsletter that is printed once per month that I include all graduates who have been placed for that month and what program they graduated from. This has been an alternative way for me to let everyone know that our graduates are getting jobs. This motivates the current students when they can see the success of graduates.

Great idea about sending newsletter. And good idea to include your entire constituency - students, grads, alumni, employers. Let everyone know about placement success. You might also include resumes of students about to graduate. With their permission. It's a way to tell your community that you train people to meet the needs of local business. If you mail newsletters we suggest you email them as well. Thanks, Susan

Currently, the newsletter is internal and available to students and staff members. Everyone on campus is made aware of our placement success. We don't have an external newsletter at this time but is something to take into consideration. Thanks for the suggestion.

Your welcome. We like to think of all kinds of ways to get the word out about school and placement success. If you email your newsletter it doesn't cost a lot and can go to hundreds and thousands of people. You might want to reach employers, grads, people in community organizations, and more. Education is valuable and retraining important at this time in our economy. Involve everyone and make training a partnership with and resource to the community. Thanks, Susan

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities