Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What other career services are available for disabled individuals?

Does any one have any knowledge of non-profit organizations whose primary objective is to assist disabled individuals find and secure career placement?

Hi Kimberly
Interesting question. Our first thought is to do internet searches in your community, check with your local vocational rehabilitation center, chambers of commerce, public libraries. Get the word out and information will find you. Good luck, Susan

The Goodwill Industries is a place that helps disabled individuals with placment. They have a staffing service that is just so helpful.Good luck,
Yolanda

Hi Yolanda, Can you share with the rest of us how you use the Goodwill Industries as a placement resource. Thanks, Susan

Yes, I have a graduate of Medical Administrative Assistant program with special needs. This graduate did well on her extern site but is a slow learner.
The Goodwill Industries had a job opening for an MAA and I called on her behalf. The Goodwill staffing rep walked me through the process and, the graduate has an interview this week.

Hi Yolanda
Thanks for providing an example of how Good Will Industries assisted you with a challenging placement. Gives us all ideas for looking for unique opportunities in our own communities including Good Will. Thanks, Susan

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities