Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Student Tracking

Hi Susan,
We are in the process of implimenting a student questionair that will be distributed in each module. Also we are hosting an Alumni Luncheon/ Mini Job Fair twice a year. We invite students that are part of our cohort to students who are in their final module of training.

HI Cheryl

Surveys and questionnaires are important to see how you are you doing and what changes should be made. The functions where you bring in alumni sound great. It's great for students and grads to meet and talk with each other. When you keep in touch with grads there are many opportunities for placement, enrollment, advisory board members, and more.
Best wishes
Susan

Tracking students is a full time job in itself. Having several school sponsored events per year helps to keep students connected to the school after graduation. During the training program it is important that active students take part in the planning process of these events so that they look forward to these events after graduation. It makes it more personal and long term helps with the bonding process. Newsletters sent to alumni also keep the connection going after the placement process.

Hi Dorothy
Keeping students and grads connected to the school is a basic retention theory. Working on events is a way to do this. Some schools I've worked with require the junior level class to plan graduation for the seniors. The joy and festivities are motivators to get the juniors to graduation day.
Best wishes
Susan

Hi Susan,

I personally keep a date log. I follow with all my students no matter how long it's been since they graduated every two months. It helps me know how the industry is doing and let them know about any new courses we are implementing.

John

Hi John
Great points. When you keep in touch with your grads you are increasing enrollment opportunities. Grads can refer others to your school. Grads can enroll in continuing ed courses and advanced programs. Grads can visit your school to talk about what it is like to work.
Best wishes
Susan

I contact and follow up with all my students every 30, 60, 90 days etc, continuous and consistent contact is key.

Fiona - you are so right. Stay in touch with students and grads. Lots of benefits. I've been wondering whether 30 days is too long for the first contact. Maybe 15 days is worth a try.
Best wishes, Susan

I really like the idea of including Alumni for luncheon events. I will also be implementing the idea of have Alumni to present at our job fairs. Thanks for the ideas!

HI Dawn
Alumni are such a great source for everything - referrals, enrolling in higher level programs, continuing ed, mentoring, talking about their jobs, helping with the interview process, and lots more.
Susan

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities