Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

That's one way, Sharon. But most hiring managers want to see a professional well formatted resume that is very clear and easy to read. The easier the better. And the cover letter should have one or two points demonstrating whey the applicant is right for the job. Unless the program is in some sort of art, graphic design, etc. then fancy is not really needed. Focus on professional and giving your grads the confidence to present themselves effectively. Thanks, Susan

i always recommend my students to use resume paper, sheet protector and believe it or not sometimes even smell lightly spray a "clean linen" smell on the resume and always get the persons name they gave to in efforts to be able to ask that person directly with a follow up call what was the outcome and one thing I have learned in all industries not just this one those little things like calling someone by the name can go a long way. Everyone likes to hear their name.

Joyce,
Interesting approach. If anything, that resume should rise to the top! Follow follow is the name of the game. Also evaluation of how each interview went and what could be improved. Grads need coaching every step of the way. Thanks, Susan

Dr. Susan Schulz

Could you somehow put personal goals into the cover letter?

I have to be honest, I never would have thought about the career objective locking into only one job! Thank you for opening up my eyes.

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities