Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

OTHER RESOURCES IN CAREER DEVELOPMENT(test your knowledge)

As a Career Developer, I like to implement new strategies for my students. I like them to feel secured and confident when they go out there to fetch a job. I like to give assessment test for their own personal use. Sometimes, they are unsure of where they want to work.

I think giving these types of test motivates them and gives a more confident feeling in striking that job they want.

Once they learn about themselves, then they know where to apply and gain experience and hopefully grow with the company as an entry-level candidate. If not, then they may tend to get a job they did not know they would not enjoy and make it more difficult for their confidence in getting that great job.

What other suggestions do you have for this type of source?

"Google" the assessment tests, if you would like to give it to your students. I strongly suggest it.

Google it under search
CAREER+ASSESMENT+FREE+ONLINE

That is a great idea. You must be an outstanding career developer. I wish you worked for me. I am going to use your idea.

Ideas are all around, Furman. Ask your students what they want in career services. Ask your grads what they wished was offered at your school when they were attending. Ask your employers what they want in career services offerings from your school so they get their jobs filled successfully. The answers are there. Best wishes, Susan

Thanks for the resources Claudia. These tests might be best given as the student is deciding which career training to sign up for. By the time they have completed their course work and are ready to graduate it should be clear about what jobs they should be pursuing. Thanks, Susan

I think that this is a good idea for the students to help assist them in really finding the right path for them and their career choice. Sometimes it just takes a moment for them to evaluate their goals and helps them get a better picture of what they truly want to do.

Thank you for the great suggestion. Maybe also some class "icebreaker" excercises could also help them focus on their likes and dislikes about themselves and their goals to help steer them in the right direction. It can be fun and it also helps everyone get to know one another better, too.

HI Christine, Great points. We think the more a student knows about the career then the better the fit. This starts in admissions. Sometimes students don't really know what the career is all about or what the job entails. It is possible the career is not for them. Or they gain more of an understanding with each course. Always good to check it out. Helps when faced with the job search and interview process.

Any exercise or ice breaker where students get to know each other and bond improves retention too. Thanks, Susan

Good ideas

Let's hear more about the resources everyone uses. There are many publishers, internet sites, videos, and more. Which work the best for you and why. Thanks, Susan

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities