Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Best websites to start

Since I am new to placement and there are probably thousands of job websites, does anyone know which are the best ones to use for start up success?

Just google job boards, interview skills, www.jist.com, www.gadball.com, employment skills, etc. You'll get thousands of resources. Best wishes, Susan

There are a few search engines that combine the job opportunities from many other sites. We like Simplyhired.com, which gives our students combined access to Monster, Career Builder, and, as far as I can tell, literally every other job search engine out there. In addition, in our geographic area, it provides local mid to large business intranet listings, newspaper listings, government listings and listings provided to them by local small businesses. Some of these features are market area related (Tampa bay area is one of them).

Please try it and see how you like it. Then add a link to your school's Intranet (if you have one) and/or make it part of your Career Services handout.

Thanks Bruce, Really good info. We find that datafrenzy.com offers similar services but has a wider band and also includes job assistance, employment skills aides, and more. So we have lots of options to beef up placement departments. Best wishes, Susan

That is a great site, too. Thanks!

I THINK THAT THE BEST JOB WEBSITES ARE: MONSTER & CARREER BUILDER...

Hi Berenisa
The best job websites probably depend a lot on the school and its programs. If you have a strong placement department then the job websites can be used for job openings and sometimes resume postings. If you have a limited service placement department then you'll want the full service of www.gadball.com for example. Also depends on the programs. There are some websites that are specific to a certain field. Thanks, Susan

there are also this other websides where you can look for: craigsList.org and Usajobs.gov

Great idea to list all the websites that post jobs specific to your grads. We also feel that grads need to know how to effectively use these websites. They need skills in writing cover or transmittal letters and how to follow up. Specifically they need to know which jobs they qualify for. Not always that simple. Thanks, Susan

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities