Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I find that periodically testing the students as given as a pop quiz, keeps the student alerted for the unexpected material. thus the student must retain the information rather than just temporarily using the information with the simple goal of passing an examination and moving on to the next concept.

ED105 has help me to recognize my weaknesses and strengths as an instructor. This information will be a useful guide used to improve on my leadership skills, class management, and different methods to use in teaching the assigned material.

ED 105 had great information that I feel I can really apply to the classroom setting. I also liked that it always said to review the policies of your campus to see what the policy says. I know that often times something that might seem like a good idea can't always be done because the policy says no. I thought that all of the information that was provided was great.

This class gave me more insight into how me as a person directley relates to how I teach and how my students react to me .Ican feel more positive about my presentations in clinicals then before the class

I have also completed ED105 and found this to be very encouraging to the way I teach my classes.  Students need to be engaged thoughout the class.  Recently I did a make up class for Accounting and did the class right after the first one.  In order to keep them moving and motivated I brough sugar to keep them alert.  THe remarkable part to this class is that each student was focused and willing to answer questions. 

Great class keep them coming!

I just finished this course yesterday and have already implemented some of the things I learned in this course.  This was very beneficial to me.  I'm sure my students will benefit from it as well.

I just completed ED105 and plan to start using the idea of a journal for reflection after each class to help me see trends and to make positive changes in the courses I teach each year.

I am going to reassess the learning styles of my older class. i wonder if it would make a difference.  they are on the descending portion of the learning sine so will it be easier to assess or more difficult?

This course actually helped me to assess my specific teaching style and how I may improve.

After taking ED105, and doing some of the activities it made me realize the different types of instructors that I have had in the past. It is so important as an instructor to be excited and motivated about the course you are teaching. It coneys to the student that you view the ability to teach and share your experience and knowledge with them as a privilege.  This in turn helps to excite and motivate the student to become successful in their field. I also realized how important it is to reassess your teaching style by keeping a journal of what works, notes on what did not work so well, and make any necessary changes that could better facilitate the learning process.

I found the course to be very valuable. I liked the discussions and liked how it showed us how to look inside ourselves and assess our mastery of various instructional methods. The bad news is we all have a lot of work ahead of us, the good news is that we are already doing many of the best practices that they mention, we jusat don't always think that we are doing them, they come as second nature.

I loved this course- the HBS videos were informative, but not so long as to take away from the information being given. I can apply these concepts tonight to my class - I wish I had had them before my last class! I am amazed at the applicability - it makes me feel better knowing that other instructors are running into the same types of challenges (how to assign points- ho wmuch is too much, tests that bomb!) as I am, and that there are strategies in place to fix them! This is been very helpful.

I found some of the strategies for self-evaluation very helpful, but I think I enjoyed the HBS videos the most.  I found those talking points to be quite insightful.

I've got a longer way to go than I thought!

I highly recommend this course for both new and veteran instructors. This course with help one keep things in perspective and gives great tips for classroom instruction.

I have recommended this class to other instructors. It really help put a lot of things in to perscetive for me as an instructor. I learned a lot about myself and my teaching and a mnumber of ways I can improve myself as an instructor.    

I really got very interested in this course.  It gives me a good perspective on how other educators percieve, impose and evaluate many of the basic teaching strategies that are effective and worth trying.

ED 105 was a good refresher on evaluating students, scoring, etc. 

@jonap0506 : I have completed several of the online courses and have to say that it is a positive experience that is transferable to the real world. With ED105 I have learned that practice makes a master plus learning hands-on from real experts makes a difference. 

@chrisrobida : This course was great and I will use the techniques

Sign In to comment